Tuesday, October 29, 2013

With Love...

After leaving a broken heart in New Orleans; 01/2008

I feel very much at peace today. With my life, the direction in which it is going, the past, and the world around me.

I feel a bit more settled. No longer anxious. No longer impatient.

Present.

This morning I woke up to a dear sweet little note from an old friend and it turned me into a bit of a nostalgic mush. I'm not sure why but it turned my focus toward one certain person. The person who made such an impact on my life.

The person who taught me to take risks and who taught me that love comes with no rules or boundaries. It is just as we want it to be, just as we feel it.

I am sending so much love his way today.

I am happy he is happy. I am happy he has found love and comfort and family in another person.

I hope our love inspired him the way it inspired me. To take risks and be exposed. To allow ourselves to be loved by someone in the way we deserve. And to fight for what we believe in.

I will never forget hopping on that plane and landing in your arms. It ultimately launched me toward being the person I am in this moment.

And this will forever be our song...

No comments:

Post a Comment